open : spatial : interfaces
July 5- 8, 2016 | Salzburg, Austria
GI_Forum 2016 provides a platform for dialogue among geospatial minds in an ongoing effort to support the creation of an informed GeoInformation Society. Bearing in mind different perspectives from a variety of professions, presentations as well as workshops and exhibitions will concentrate on innovations in education, science and technologies. The spatial sciences today contribute significantly to a more just, ethical and sustainable society. Prominent keynote speakers will highlight new developments, offer insights into trends and visions, and at the same time be individually accessible for our Young Researchers.
Themes & Application Fields.
- Advances in GIScience, especially analytics and geovisualization
- Innovations in geospatial technologies
- Spatial Data Infrastructures
- Spatial citizenship
- Empirical research in spatial education
- Learning Environments: primary and secondary education
Special sessions, tracks and workshops
- Urban Geoinformatics: Citizen Engagement and VGI Analytics for Smart Cities
- GI-Curriculum Design 2.0
- Spatial Perspectives on Transport Systems
- Integrated Assessment of Risk and Vulnerability
GI_Forum is organized by the Department of Geoinformatics – Z_GIS in cooperation with the Austrian Academy of Sciences and runs concurrently with the highly regarded German language conference on Applied Geoinformatics – AGIT. The two symposia share the innovative AGIT EXPO exhibit and stimulating social events.
Registration is open until June 25, 2016! Follow this link to register: http://gi-forum.org/registration.
SPECIAL RATE of € 220,- for active UNIGIS Students
The special rate includes all events of the GI_Forum and the German-language counterpart, AGIT. For the registration note the aforementioned deadline and link.
We are looking forward to your contribution!
Josef Strobl – Conference Chair
Adrijana Car – Programme Chair
Thomas Jekel – Programme Chair