• Identify the linkages between technology, data, methods and organisations in the use of GIS;
• Develop competence in data representation and the use of spatial analysis techniques;
• Gain experience in the design,implementation and analysis of databases.
The UNIGIS curriculum is a distance learning course. This means very few contact hours with actual teaching are given during the course. The workshops are par excellence moments at which students can meet the tutors and at which actual lectures are given. In order to support the distance learning student in his/her study activities, the digital learning environment Blackboard is used and staff is equipped with webcams and microphones to support virtual contact (one-on-one and group).
The PgC course is made up of four compulsory modules and two workshops. Students who successfully complete the course will be eligible for the award of Postgraduate Certificate in GIS.
8 assignments + 2 workshopsAdmission requirements:
• University BSc/Msc with GIS: direct admission
• University BSc/MSc without GIS: 6 credits Premaster
• Bsc Higher Education: Premaster assessment + full 12 ECTS Premaster