UNIGIS International Association “Geospatial events grants” (GEG) – Now open for applications!
Established in 2017, the UNIGIS International Association for the first time awarded grants for participation in a leading Geospatial event. The aim is connecting UNIGIS students with the international geospatial community, So far, six UNIGIS students have been selected for funding and benefitted from presenting their work to a broad and international audience. You can learn more about their experiences on our blog.
In 2018, two calls will be launched:
- Call spring 2018: application period March 1st – April 30th
- Call autumn 2018: application period October 1st – November 30th
If you would like to actively participate in a geospatial event, presenting a poster or paper, we encourage you to apply!
The call considers the following list of events taking place between June 2018 and January 2019 eligible for grant sponsorship:
- Hexagon Live Conference, 12-15 June, 2018, Las Vegas, USA
- GISCA, 14-17 June, 2018, Almaty, Kazakhstan
- GI_Forum , 3-6 July 2018, Salzburg, Austria
- Esri UC, 9-13 July 2018, San Diego, USA
- AGILE 2018, 6-10 August, 2018, San Diego, USA
- FOSS4G 2018, 27-31 August 2018, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- INSPIRE Conference, 18-21 September, Antwerp, Belgium
- Esri Developer Summit Europe, 23-25 October 2018, Berlin, Germany
- The United Nations World Geospatial Information Congress, 19 – 21 November 2018, Deqing, Zhejiang, China
- Other international geospatial events can be suggested for consideration
- The grant is a lump sum of 500 Euro per student towards the cost of attending
- Previous GEG grant recipients are not eligible
- The grant will be disbursed to the student after attending the event and submitting all information/documentation required
More Information about the application Procedure: > Geospatial Events Grants – GEG, Call 2018/1
Application Documents: > Application form GEG 2018
Please send your application until April 30 to email@example.com